Our client is seeking to employ an experienced Bid Manager for their business based in the West Midlands. They are a civil engineering and infrastructure specialist with over 40 years experience in the construction industry. They have an impressive portfolio of projects and framework contracts and are enjoying a healthy growth pattern in the business. The company employs over 600 people in the UK, has an annual turnover of £120m and a distinctive set of values that are fundamental to our approach to business sustainability.
- Identify business opportunities that align with the company Business Strategy, particularly aligned to own region.
- Develop appropriate relationships with external parties to help develop opportunities and winning submissions, secure work by value and type to meet company objectives and work with the Senior Bid Manager to develop customer solutions and prepare responses.
- Overseeing all quality, technical and commercial aspects in accordance with company procedures, developing “best practice” systems and processes and implementing them across the other regions, whilst maintaining and building relations with them.
- Review the Business Strategy
- Identify appropriate companies with whom to form partnerships with and to provide support in developing PQQ and tender responses
- Identify and request the creation of account plans
- Liaise with other offices, regions and partners to identify opportunities to meet that strategy
- Review Client Business Plans and understand their requirements
- Develop opportunities into PQQ’s or tenders seeking bid writing support as required
- Develop business relationships with external parties to support responses to PQQ’s or tenders
- Allocate opportunities to other team members to prepare responses
- Liaise with both internal and external parties to develop bid strategies
- Oversee and lead bid teams in the planning and delivery of PQQ and bid submissions in line with agreed strategies
- Act as a point of contact for customers during tendering process
- Engineering or commercial background
- Experience of managing teams in researching marketplace, understanding client business strategy, marketing and bidding
- Chartered, Incorporated, or similar
- Understanding of commercial aspects of bidding including risk management
- Demonstrate business improvement and process management skills to support transition to operations or in change situations
- Good written English and technical writing experience
- Ability to review and improve written bid submissions
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office
- Company car/car allowance
- 5% Company pension contribution
- Life Assurance at 2 x notional salary
- Single persons private medical cover
- Permanent Health Cover
If you feel you have the right skills and experience to suit this position please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com