Our client is seeking to employ for a Quantity Surveyor to join their Commercial team in at their office based in Manchester specifically covering the Manchester & Cheshire region. Our client is a major player is the highways and infrastructure sector. They boast a UK group turnover of over £500 Million and are expanding on a health basis.
You will report directly into the Commercial Manager and work closely with Project Managers while providing reports on each live site, as well as being involved in work winning.
- Provide contractual and commercial advice to the operational team on site to support them in their decision making.
- Contract change control
- Subcontract procurement
- Subcontract Management
- Negotiate and communicate effectively with internal and external companies
- Administration of payments
- Prepare valuations and applications for payment in accordance with the form of contract
- Measurement of works on site and from drawings
- Prepare and present commercial reports, cost plans and cash flow forecasts for senior managers
Candidates must have good interpersonal skills and show a willingness to work flexibly and undertake a range of tasks.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Some experience or knowledge of the NEC suite of contracts is desirable
- Experience gained within the construction, highways, groundworks and or structures.
- HND or Degree in Quantity Surveying (or other commercially related discipline)
- Appropriate CSCS card
- A good standard of proficiency in MS Excel is required for this role.
- A full UK driving licence is essential.
The successful candidate will receive and generous and competitive basic salary along with company car or allowance, fuel card and other perks based on experience and qualifications.
If you feel you have the right sector experience and qualifications to suit this role please send your CV and covering letter for the attention of David Stevens at firstname.lastname@example.org