Our client is seeking to employ an Assistant Quantity Surveyor for their business in the East Midlands region. You will be based out of their office in Leicester covering projects in areas such as Leicestershire, Nottingham and Derby.
Our client is an established civil engineering contractor operating across the middle of the UK and are currently enjoying some ongoing growth. The ideal candidate will have a background in civil engineering and utilities based projects. The Assistant Quantity Surveyor will quickly be given more and more responsibility and will be given consistent training to make sure that their goals are being achieved.
This role will be both office and site based depending on contract requirements.
- To learn and understand effective financial and contractual support on our client’s projects.
- Provide support to the Site Agents and Engineers by identifying varied and additional works, as well as assisting with the production of final accounts.
- Maintain records and produce a monthly measure for each project
- Place and oversee all subcontract work packages within contracts.
- Working with the Estimating Team to negotiate the best possible rates.
- Cost Management and Initial Cost Planning
- Value Engineering and Cost Monitoring
- Providing budgetary advice
- Settlement of Valuations and agreeing Final Accounts
- Project Monitoring and Progress Reporting
- Maximise profitability by identifying ways to reduce costs or add value to projects.
- Produce monthly reports for the Contracts Manager
- Reconcile and price variation orders
Skills & Qualifications
- HND in Civil Engineering or a degree in quantity surveying.
- An understanding of NEC, ICE and JCT contracts is preferable.
- Understanding of methods of measurement (Highways MOM; CESMM; landscape architects)
- An understanding of the Civil engineering environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Have a deadline-driven attitude.
- Team player with decision making abilities.
- Strong all-round IT skills
If you feel that you have the right skills and experience to suit this position, please send your CV to Sophie Scott or call her on 01543 629090