Our client is currently looking for an experienced Plant Hire Controller to join their team in the Chippenham area. The position is a permanent role and you will be expected to working with the contracts team and external plant hire departments.
- Provide and maintain an excellent level of customer service to site and the contracts department when responding to requests for plant hire.
- Efficient supply plant from approved suppliers, ensuring that the cost, quality and delivery are within the standards
- Ensure that targets are achieved and ensure all orders are correctly raised
- Develop and maintain professional relationship with existing and new suppliers in order to enhance the company’s reputation
- Develop product knowledge
The ideal candidate will be expected to fulfill the following
- Receive requests from the Contracts department, contracts manager and any external suppliers for plant and other relevant services.
- Promptly raise orders on the companies preferred system
- Accurately update the plant day sheet as changes are made
- Ensure that all orders are raised and ensure that they have accurate records with product codes, supplier rate, and hire on date and contact name.
- Make sure that all additional information relating to orders and hires are logged
- Ensure that all paperwork is filed in the correct place.
- Respond to requests from site in regards to breakdowns and damages to plant hire
- Deal with drivers and operators regarding daily work
- Deal with enquiries
- Take incoming calls and provide support for the plant department.
- Plant hire experience
- Ability to work within tight timescales
- Can coordinate well within an team and partnership
If you feel you have the right skills and experience for this role please send your CV to the attention of Sophie Scott or call the office on 01543629090