Our client is seeking to employ an experienced Quantity Surveyor for their business based in the West Midlands. They are a Midlands based Ground Works contractor that provide a range of ground works and civil engineering activities for their clients. They have an excellent reputation with a long-established history and are very much a recognised brand.
The ideal Quantity Surveyor will have a strong background in the Ground Works sector and have a strong knowledge in measuring and valuing ground works packages to be considered for this role. Also if you come from a main contract background and have worked with ground works packages, that will also be of interest.
Key Responsibilities: Quantity Surveyor
- Preparation, processing and selection of estimates, bids and tenders to demanding timescales.
- Assist in the development of the procurement program and carrying out sub-contractor procurement.
- Must be skilled in valuations, payments and budget handling and most importantly be able to add value to a project.
- The Quantity Surveyor will report into the Commercial Manager and will be responsible for various schemes at different stages of construction, both pre and post contract.
- A strong internal team and the assistance of external professionals you will join a team who are responsible for the delivery of projects on time and on budget.
Sills & Qualifications: Quantity Surveyor
- Over 3 years’ experience in a Quantity Surveyor roll.
- Intermediate level upwards.
- Experience working for a ground works contractor.
- Understanding of ground works packages, measurements and values.
- The Quantity Surveyor will be degree qualified and ideally achieved chartership becoming MRICS
- Ideally 278 works experience.
- JCT Contract experience ideally.
If you feel that you have the right skills and experience to suit this role, please send your CV and covering letter for the attention on Sophie Scott or call or office on 01543 629090