Our client is seeking to employ an experienced Quantity Surveyor for their business in the Cambridgeshire region. You will be covering projects in Cambridge, Peterborough, Kettering and Corby.
Our client is an established civil engineering contractor operating across the middle of the UK and are currently enjoying some ongoing growth. The ideal candidate will have a solid background in civil engineering, highways, bridges and infrastructure.
This role will be both office and site based depending on contract requirements.
- Responsible for providing effective financial and contractual support on our client’s projects.
- Provide support to the Site Agents and Engineers by identifying varied and additional works, as well as assisting with the production of final accounts.
- Maintain records and produce a monthly measure for each project
- Place and oversee all subcontract work packages within contracts.
- Working with the Estimating Team to negotiate the best possible rates.
- Manage the spend of all subcontractors by performing monthly measures against claimed invoices.
- Maximise profitability by identifying ways to reduce costs or add value to projects.
- Produce monthly reports for the Contracts Manager
- Reconcile and price variation orders
Skills & Qualifications
- HND in Civil Engineering or Chartered Surveyors (RICS) degree in quantity surveying.
- A strong understanding of NEC, ICE and JCT contracts.
- Civil engineering environment experience is essential.
- An understanding of MOM and CESMM measurement methods.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Have a deadline-driven attitude.
- Team player with decision making abilities.
- Strong all-round IT skills
If you feel that you have the right skills and experience to suit this position, please send your CV to Sophie Scott or call her on 01543 629090