Our client is seeking to employ a Quantity Surveyor for their business based in the Manchester region. This will be a freelance position with a view to permanent at some point in the future.
They are a stable civil engineering and construction business and boast an impressive portfolio of clients with an enviable reputation in the construction sector.
You will report directly into the Commercial Manager and work closely with Project Managers while providing reports on each live site, as well as being involved in work winning.
- Provide contractual and commercial advice to the operational team on site to support them in their decision making.
- Contract change control
- Subcontract procurement
- Subcontract Management
- Negotiate and communicate effectively with internal and external companies
- Administration of payments
- Prepare valuations and applications for payment in accordance with the form of contract
- Measurement of works on site and from drawings
- Prepare and present commercial reports, cost plans and cash flow forecasts for senior managers
Candidates must have good interpersonal skills and show a willingness to work flexibly and undertake a range of tasks.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Some experience or knowledge of the NEC suite of contracts is desirable
- Experience gained within the construction, highways, groundworks and or structures.
- HND or Degree in Quantity Surveying (or other commercially related discipline)
- Appropriate CSCS card
- A good standard of proficiency in MS Excel is required for this role.
- A full UK driving licence is essential.
If you feel you have the right skills and experience to suit this role, please send your CV and covering letter for the attention of Sophie Scott or call our office on 01543 629 090