Our client is seeking to employ a Senior Buyer for their business based in Leicester. They are a leading, well known and very respected civil and groundworks company. The ideal candidate will have a background in subcontracting within construction and civil engineering.
• Manage all tenders within given commodity
• Source low cost country suppliers to support competitive approach
• Strategic outward facing, proactive approach whilst driving innovation within given category
• Deliver cost saving reduction by way of value add/value engineered opportunities
• Purchase materials for sites daily in a very busy environment
• Take calls all day for an order to place or a delivery to chase
• Constantly look for better buying rates
• The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate sound purchasing skills, effective cost control/reconciliation skills and reliability.
• Have Commercial awareness, an eye for detail and a positive attitude along with being a team player, organised and enthusiastic.
• Ambitious and determined to build a long term career with this progressive regional business.
Experience & Qualifications
• Experience of working for a civil and groundworks contractor within the housing market.
• A solid background in Buying.
• Minimum HNC in construction OR related subject
• CSCS Card
If you feel that you have the right skills and experience to suit this role please send your CV to email@example.com or call our office on 01543 629090