Our client is seeking to employ an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor for their business based in the Birmingham, West Midlands.
They are an award winning civil engineering and construction business and boast an impressive portfolio of clients UK Wide.
You will report directly into the Commercial Manager and work closely with Project Managers while providing reports on each live site, as well as being involved in work winning.
• Provide contractual and commercial advice to the operational team on site to support them in their decision making.
• Contract change control
• Subcontract procurement
• Subcontract Management
• Negotiate and communicate effectively with internal and external companies
• Administration of payments
• Prepare valuations and applications for payment in accordance with the form of contract
• Measurement of works on site and from drawings
• Prepare and present commercial reports, cost plans and cash flow forecasts for senior managers
Qualifications & Experience:
• Some experience or knowledge of the NEC suite of contracts is desirable
• Experience gained within the construction, highways, groundworks and or structures.
• HND or Degree in Quantity Surveying (or other commercially related discipline)
• Appropriate CSCS card
• A good standard of proficiency in MS Excel is required for this role.
• A full UK driving licence is essential.
• Company car or Car Allowance
• Life assurance cover
• Company pension scheme up to 6%
• 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, childcare voucher scheme and a cycle to work scheme.
If you feel you have the right skills and experience to suit this role, please send your CV and covering letter for the attention of David Stevens or call our office on 01543 629090