We are currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Engineer on behalf of our client for works based in the Crawley, Gatwick and Horley area. This is a permanent position and an excellent opportunity for a Senior Engineer looking for a long term position within a well-known company with opportunity to work on many different types of civil engineering projects.
Our client is a well-established Civil Engineering company with over 50+ years in the industry.
This job will be primarily site based, working on site activities as well as overseeing junior engineers on site to complete varying projects in the region including but not limited to: Bridges, Rail, Earthworks, Drainage & Roads. The budgets of these projects range from anywhere from £20,000 – £14,000,000.
The main responsibilities of this role include:
- Maintaining Health & Safety on site
- Liaising with design team to discuss and make amendments to all plans for site
- Quality assurance checks
- Checking base stations and site control prior to commencement of works and at regular intervals during currency of project.
- Communicate setting out control to site operatives clearly
- Extract setting out data from drawings, schedules or instructions and set out works to the required accuracy
- Recording dimensions of hard breakout, soft spots, calculating Volumes
The skills and qualifications required for this job are as follows:
- A HNC/degree level qualification in civil engineering is ideal, however equivalent experience and working knowledge will also be considered.
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience engineering roles
- Ability to read and comprehend construction drawings
- Experience in using engineering software such as AutoCAD
- Experience using Trimble equipment is ideal but not essential
- Ability to use GNSS and Total Station Survey equipment is advantageous
- Good communication skills
For more information or to apply for this position please call Patrick or Sophie on 01543 629090 or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org