We are currently recruiting for Site Engineers on behalf of our client for works based in the Huntingdon, Peterborough and Leicester area. This is a permanent position and an excellent opportunity for an Engineer looking for a long term position within a well-known company with opportunity to work on many different types of civil engineering projects.
Our client is a well-established Civil Engineering company with over 50+ years in the industry.
This role is site based working on various projects in the region including but not limited to: Bridges, Rail, Earthworks, Drainage and Roads. The budgets of these projects range from anywhere between £20,000 – £14,000,000
The main responsibilities of this role include:
- Checking base stations and site control prior to commencement of works and regularly during the course of each project
- Maintain Health and Safety on site
- Carry out pre-start OGL surveys as agreed with survey department.
- Request appropriate information from client’s representative via RFI’s.
- Extract setting out data from drawings (electronic or hardcopy)
- Record dimensions of soft spots, hard breakout
- Give information to on site operatives in order for them to construct the works
The skills and qualifications required for this job are as follows:
- A HNC/degree level qualification in civil engineering is ideal, however equivalent experience and working knowledge will also be considered.
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in engineering roles
- Ability to read and comprehend construction drawings
- Experience in using engineering software such as AutoCAD
- Experience using Trimble equipment is ideal but not essential
- Ability to use GNSS and Total Station Survey equipment is advantageous
- Good communication skills
For more information or to apply for this position please call Patrick or Sophie on 01543 629090