Our client is seeking to employ an experienced Site Manager for their business on a freelance basis based in their office in Manchester. This role will develop into a permanent position at some point.
Our client is a major player in the civil engineering and highways sector and are growing as a business at a healthy rate. They are looking for a Site Manager who comes from a highways and civil engineering background with a strong understanding of section 287 and 38 highways works and all related infrastructure works.
As the site manager you will be based out of the client’s regional office in Milton Keynes but will be expected to work on projects based in the East Anglia and Southern regions. This will include working away from home as and when required.
- To assist the project manager in the running of the assigned sites on a day to day basis
- Responsible for managing health and safety matters
- Dealing with the labour force and responsible for any staff based issues.
- Deal with all site briefings and toolbox talks
- Issuing and controlling all permits to work on site
- Maintain site diary and issuing works records
- Preparation of progress reports
- Liaising with the PQS on any commercial based matters
- Manage plant and materials in partnership with the site foreman
- Liaising with the client, designer and consultants as and when required
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a site manager
- Highways experience
- Construction and Civil Engineering background
- SMSTS carded
- HNC Qualification
- CSCS Manager card
If you feel you have the right skills and experience to suit this role please send your CV for the attention of Sophie Scott on call our office on 01543 629090