Site Engineer required for a permanent position in Farnborough.
Our client is seeking to employ a Site Engineer for our client for a permanent position. The role will be working as a Site Engineer on Highways & Infrastructure projects. As the Site Engineer you will be covering setting out works on projects in areas in the Surrey and Sussex regions. The first project will be based in the Farnborough area.
This is a fantastic role for an Engineer with experience in roads & structures to take the next step in his career with a market leading company who have been at the forefront of the Civil Engineering Industry for many years.
As the Site Engineer your responsibilities will include:
• To be fully conversant with all contract drawings and specifications and their application to the works under construction
• To undertake the setting out of the works and carry out independent checks
• Quantify material requirements in advance for call off
• Assist in the preparation of up-dating programs and resource requirements as works progress
• To assist in the measurement of the works with the engineer’s representatives, engineer or clerk of works
• Be conversant with the company’s policies and manuals covering Health & Safety, Quality
• Assurance and environmental issues
• Monitor Health & Safety on site and immediately report any unsafe working practices to the Site Agent
• To continuously liaise and provide information to the Site Agent or Contracts Manager when required
• To assist in ensuring work is carried out cost effectively
• To assist in ensuring a high standard of quality work and report any defects to the Site Agent
• To assist in maintaining site tidiness and cleanliness
• To assist in maintaining good public relations during the works
• To attend internal site meetings as required
• Preferably will have at least HNC qualification but working knowledge and experience equally relevant
• Able to read and understand construction drawings.
• Capable of using Total Station Survey and GNSS equipment
• IT literate
• Good communication skills
• Pro-active problem solver
• Relevant engineering software i.e. Auto CAD
• Preferred relevant site experience in Drainage, Earth works, Roads & Structures
If you feel that you have the right skills and experience to suit this role, please send your CV for the attention of David Stevens or call our office on 01543 629090
We can ensure that either the client or candidate will receive a professional service giving guidance when required to ensure a high level of service on every vacany at all times.Get in Touch